lundi 13 octobre 2008

Glenn Reynolds strangely surprised by a reader's opinion

Quote of quote: 

I'm no fan of McCain , but as I dislike Obama (and love Palin), I'll be pulling the lever for McCain in November.
This is surely small of me, but if Obama wins, I plan on giving him as much of a chance as the Democrats gave George Bush. I will gleefully forward every paranoid anti-Obama rumor that I see, along with YouTube footage of his verbal missteps. I will laugh and email heinous anti-Obama photoshop jobs, and maybe even learn photoshop myself to create some. I'll buy anti-Obama books, and maybe even a "Not My President" t-shirt. I'm sure that the mainstream bookstores won't carry them, but I'll be on the lookout for anti-Obama calendars and stuff like that. I will not wish America harm, and if the country is hurt (economically, militarily, or diplomatically) I will truly mourn. But i will also take some solace that it occurred under Obama's watch, and will find every reason to blame him personally and fan the flames.
Obama's thuggish behavior thus far in this election cycle - squashing free speech, declaring any criticism of his policies to be "racist" (a word that happily carries little weight with sensible people these days), associating with the likes of Ayers, Wright, and ACORN - suggests that I won't have to scrape for reasons to really viscerally dislike Obama and his administration. And even if he wins, his campaign's "get out the vote fraud" activities are enough to provide people like me with a large degree of "plausible deniability" as to whether he is actually legitimately the president.
...

What's the surprise there? Here: 

"Personally, if Obama's elected I intend to give him a chance and weigh him on his actions, not his party." 

Thus writes Reynolds, as if he was new to the table.

Another reader seems closer to the facts and actions, beside the parties, of life. And yes, sad it is, and it's not McCain's fault:

I'm sad with you, but Mr. Gately's doing nothing more than describing the new rules of engagement as far as politics are concerned. If there was anything close to an honest and unbiased media in this country, those attacks just wouldn't work.


Aucun commentaire: